Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do it for her (don't worry, it's a super obscure reference)

I started this thing about a year ago and really got into it over the summer. My blog is a great place for me to throw out what's going on in my head since I don't write much for school anymore. Sometimes it's a stress release; other times I really try to have something to say. And, of course, I supplement it all with the knowledge of Homer J. Simpson.

I was excited when I learned that we would be blogging for class. My posts were lacking structure, and this seemed to be just what I needed to form a cohesive set of musings. After a few posts, however, they became homework. This is not to say that it hasn't been fun or useful as I enjoy reading other students' posts and thought the critique-by-blog was a great help. Somewhere along the way it stopped being about what I wanted to say and began to be simply answering a prompt.

I never really cared if people read my blog. It was for me, like a journal. I've gotten away from that, and I hope to get it back. I scare myself when I'm alone with my thoughts, and it's kind of fun.


P.S. Here's my final presentation board for the tea kettle competition

1 comment:

Michael said...

You can definitely write about whatever you want, as long as it relates to design. The goal is to write regularly, capturing thoughts on design and refining writing skills along the way.

The prompts are for the people new to blogs, but you've been doing this for awhile. So have more fun with it if you want.