Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can I really force myself to do this?

I hated Transformers. I hate Michael Bay. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a movie that perfectly made for stupid people - not to mention the fact that it was made by one of the most arrogant men in the world. In no way shape or form do I want to support Bay or his franchise by seeing Revenge of the Fallen.

That being said, not going to see it is tearing me apart. One of my earliest memories is my absolute devotion to Transformers: The Movie, the 1986 animated feature based on the original cartoon. I LOVED THE TRANSFORMERS. Whenever my mom would ask me at breakfast what I had dreamed about the night before and I didn't remember, I answered with "I met Optimus Prime." I had the toys. I watched the show. It was awesome.

I have also come to respect good animation and CGI, having had a small taste of how insanely difficult they are, and watch bad movies if only to see good CGI the same way I would watch a bad movie if it had stunning cinematography. Needless to say, the effects in Transformers were spectacular, and they promise to be even better in the sequel.

I fear there is some inescapable force pulling me to the movie theater. Can I resist it? Do I really want to? Maybe I can somehow arrange a way to go, beat the shit our of Michael Bay as I leave the theater and take back the $9.50 he'll owe me. If only...If only...


Just try and tell me you didn't cry when Optimus Prime died.

P.S. My little sis really needs your prayers. I'll explain when it's more appropriate, but please keep her in your thoughts.

No comments: